A. Once you unsubscribe from a topic within an organization, your removal from that mailing list is immediate. However, there are a handful of common reasons you may be receiving GovDelivery emails once you’ve already unsubscribed. Those reasons are the following:
- You may have missed a subscription.
- When you have subscribed to multiple topics within an organization, you may unsubscribe from one topic but still be subscribed to another updates topic. Access your subscriber profile and check to see that you have unsubscribed from all topics you no longer wish to receive updates from.
- You may be subscribed to multiple organizations.
- If you are subscribed to multiple organizations that use GovDelivery to send out messages, you may be getting messages from another account. If you unsubscribe from one organization, you will need to unsubscribe from each organization you are receiving updates from individually.
- You may have email forwarding enabled.
- Many people have email inboxes or addresses that they no longer use, but have set up email forwarding so that emails that are sent to that address will be pushed to their new email address. If you have unsubscribed and are still receiving messages, you may be subscribed to an organization’s updates with an old email address that is then forwarding those messages to your new email address. You will have to access your subscriber profile and unsubscribe using that old email address to stop receiving updates if this is the case.
- You may have had digesting enabled when you unsubscribed.
- Digesting gives you the option to choose how frequently you receive emails. If you had digesting enabled when you unsubscribed, you will get one final digesting email of that week’s content. For instance, if you unsubscribed on a Wednesday and you were receiving weekly digests of content, you will still receive one digest email including any messages that were sent out before you chose to unsubscribe. After that final digest email, however, you will no longer receive messages from the account that you have unsubscribed from.